Official USA Fencing (USFA) / Fencing Officials Commission (FOC)
Referee Seminar & Practical Exams
with Jeff Bukantz
- OLYMPIC TEAM CAPTAIN
- OLYMPIC REFEREE
- INTERNATIONAL COMPETITOR
- FIE RULES COMMISSION 2000-2008
- NBC OLYMPIC FENCING ANALYST
- MACCABIAH CHAIRMAN (TEAM USA)
When: Saturday, APRIL 26, 2014
- SEMINAR from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- PRACTICAL EXAMS GIVEN!
(It is highly unusual to have this opportunity at the referee clinic!)
Where: Liberty Fencing Club
Newly Expanded Bucks County Location
366 Easton Road
Warrington, PA 18976
Tel: (267) 482-9597
Who: All referees, parents, coaches, and fencers are welcome
What: The official USA Fencing / USFA Fencing Officials Commission (FOC) REFEREES’ SEMINAR
- Over 30 years of real life experiences and anecdotes
- Common sense approaches to refereeing
- Tactics and techniques needed to reach the next level
- Jeff’s #1 secret to gaining the fencers’ confidence
- Making sense of the rules
Cost: $85 for the seminar
$10 per weapon for practical exams
Lunch, drinks, and snacks will be available for purchase
or contact Jeff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Bukantz is one of our country’s most experienced and successful referees.
- Started refereeing in the mid-1970s at Metropolitan Division Opens and at NYC high school dual meets
- Refereed his first NCAA gold medal foil bout in 1978, at the age of 21
- Refereed his first USFA National Championship gold medal foil bout in 1980, at the age of 23
- Qualified as a competitor for 3 World Championship teams, the World University Games team, the Pan American Games team, and 3 World Maccabiah Games teams
- Refereed all three weapons at the Senior World Championships
- Refereed at the Olympic Games in 1984 and 1996
- Refereed at 5 Junior World Championships
- Refereed the finals of the Olympic Games in Men’s Foil in 1996
- Chair of the Fencing Officials Commission from 2002-2004
- Captain of the 2004 and 2008 U.S. Olympic Fencing Teams
- Member of the FIE Rules Commission from 2000-2008
- Member of the USFA High Performance Committee 1988-2008
- Member of Fencing Officials Commission 1993-2008
- NCAA Head Referee since 2005-2010; NCAA Referee 1978-2010
- Critically acclaimed author of “Closing the Distance”
THE WRITTEN EXAMS MUST NOW BE TAKEN ONLINE!!!
- Go to www.usfencing.org
- Go to “Resources” drop window in the middle of the upper task bar.
- Go to the 3rd window for “Board of Directors, Officials, Committees, Task Forces.
- Go to “Fencing Officials Website”.
- The rule book and study guide will be linked.
- The process will be explained.