What is the Bucks County Sports Commission?
The Bucks County Sports Commission, a division of the Bucks County Conference and Visitors Bureau, seeks to attract sporting events to the Bucks County area. Working with the County’s facilities, attractions and accommodations, the Sports Commission acts as a resource and facilitator for sporting event organizers. The Sports Commission also assists with site visits, media coverage and event planning.
The Commission achieves this mission by supporting numerous sporting events throughout the County, through partnership with public and private sporting facilities and through local, regional and national marketing efforts through Ready-Set-Go Pennsylvania Sports and the National Association of Sports Commissions.
What is the Bucks County Conference & Visitors Bureau (CVB)?
- Bucks County’s official tourist promotion agency
- Mission to enhance the image of the County; increase travel expenditures and overnight stays.
- Primary role is to market the County to potential visitors through advertising, public relations, marketing to meeting planners, event planners, group tour operators, sports planners
How is the Bucks County CVB/Sports Commission Funded?
- Hotel Room Tax – 3%
- PA Grant
- Partnership Fees & Cooperative Advertising/ Marketing
Who is the Bucks County Sports Commission?
The commission’s members are sports-minded individuals including but not limited to Venue Representatives, Parks & Recreation Representatives, Local Club and League Representatives, Athletic Directors, Municipal Leaders, School Board Leaders, Media and anyone connected to both traditional and non-traditional sports. The Bucks County Sports Commission is a liaison between Bucks County CVB marketing partners (hotels, attractions, restaurants, transportation services etc.), tournament organizers and public/private venue representatives.
The Bucks County Sports Commission seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive Bucks County field/facility directory
- Build and track athletic calendars
- Promote Bucks County sports tournaments/events
- Network and generate new sports tournament/event leads
- Promote Bucks County within athletic circles
How does the Sports Commission assist public/private venue representatives?
- Promote venue via partnership and website exposure through the Bucks County Conference & Visitors Bureau
- Share new tournament leads from sports conferences and tradeshows
- Assist with bids
- Organize accommodations and hospitality by connecting venues with Bucks County CVB marketing partners.
- Assist with media outreach
How does the Sports Commission assist tournament/event organizers?
- Assist with locating field and facility space in Bucks County
- Distribute Requests for Proposals to hotels and transportation partners.
- Assist in organizing venue/hotel site surveys
- Provide discounts to area attractions, restaurants and shopping destinations
- Provide Visitor Guides to all tournament/event participants
- Assist with media outreach
Bucks County Sports Commission Meetings:
The Bucks County Sports Commission meets six times a year at various Bucks County CVB partner properties. Attendance at Sports Commission meetings gives tournament organizers and venue representatives an opportunity to network, promote their facilities and request assistance with upcoming events. The Sports Commission also distributes tournament/event leads, shares sponsorship opportunities and announces County sports updates at these bi-monthly meetings.